Saturday, July 19, 2008

Beginner Guide to Traffic Exchanges

If your brand new to using Traffic Exchanges, there is a LOT to learn. This is my simple guide to using them effectively, in as short & sweet fashion as I am capable of :)

First I want you to keep this as simple as possible while you are learning. I recommend using at least 5 exchanges even as a beginner, but if you want to just use 1 to get a feel, go ahead.

My Guidelines for how to use Traffic Exchanges Effectively:

SPEND YOUR CREDITS WISELY! They go darn fast once you allocate them so spend them wisely. Try to figure out your montly goal and how to achieve it. For instance, if you want 2,000 hits/month, you need to earn 500 credits per week. If you use 5 exchanges all you need is 100 credits, per week, on each exchange - This is about 1 hour of surfing a week. Surfing is WORK, in my opinion - It's not fun - It is only a vehicle to promote my business and I don't waste my credits.

Promote mostly Free advertising for THEIR business. They are NOT interested in more business opportunities so no selling. Selling directly on a traffic exchange is a huge mistake. They are all their to promote their business, not join a bunch of new ones (when they aren't succeeding with theirs in the first place)

Use only Splash Pages - Quick & to the point pages. You only have a couple seconds to grab attention and if they have to scroll, it's not going to work very well. Your results will go WAY up if you are promoting FREE Opportunities that are simple and to the point!

Remember that this is a process: You aren't going to get rich next week. You are going to spend your first couple weeks only learning about how exchanges work. Please be patient and don't give up when it doesn't "Happen Overnight" for you

Don't Miss Your Bonus Pages: HitSafari, 4x4Hits & TrafficSplash Especially are on this list because of the bonus credits you can earn. Learn where they are and try not to miss them. Those 3-7 bonus credit links will add up Quick, so make sure your getting them.

Don't be stupid - If your goal is to get referrals on other traffic exchanges, don't waste your credits promoting an exchange on the same exchange. As in, don't put up a HitSafari Referral Page ON the HitSafari site! I hope you just said "I would never do this", but I see it all the time while i'm surfing - PLEASE don't waste your credits this way. THEY ARE TOO VALUABLE TO WASTE!

Focus your efforts! Promote only 3 or so websites at each exchange. Remember that a GREAT signup rate is 1 for every 120 page views so choose your BEST pages to promote. Don't promote 12 different sites poorly. Promote 3 sites with efficiency and get maximum hits! You will figure out quicker what pages work and which don't. If your trying to promote 20 URL's, your going to get poor performance for 20 sites! Even as a pro member at many exchanges, I only promote 3 or 4 different sites, and I drive a LOT of traffic.

Okay, for beginners I recommend only FREE Exchanges - And the best free ones I know are as follows:

LinkReferral! This is the best Free Targeted Advertising you will get - 20min's per day will keep your site in the top 10. ESPECIALLY effective for Money Making Opportunities! You absolutely MUST join Link Referral.

Manual Surf Exchanges (timed and you click through)
EasyHits4U - 1:1 surf exchange so every page you surf, you get a hit on your site

HitSafari - 2:1 ratio but GREAT bonuses and highly ranked on TrafficHoopla

TrafficSplash - Bonus credits every 15 pages, Top Ranked!

TrafficBunnies - Escalating Surfing Bonuses - Quick & Fun (super cheap pro membership 2)

4x4Hits - 2:1 ratio but good bonuses

WebBizInsider - Top Ranked by Traffic Hoopla and easy to get lots of credits

Join LinkReferral for sure and pick 3 or 4 other Exchanges above to get started.

Download FIREFOX
Firefox automatically blocks all pop-ups for you. It is THE SAFEST way to surf! And it's also the quickest way to earn large amounts of credits! You can open 3 or 4 tabs and surf them all at once. In the same time it takes to surf 1 site, you can surf 3 or 4 very easily, earning triple the credits (or more) for the same effort. It SOUNDS intimidating, but really it's pretty easy.

Understand what you are here for! Your efforts should be focused on getting Leads & Advertising. Not getting sales or directly recruiting. Your promotions should be Free & Beneficial for other surfers. I've wasted so many credits on exchanges while learning this the hard way. But once I started promoting the Right Sites, my referrals, signups & income all began growing.

For example Here is what I Promote on Traffic Exchanges (use your BACK browser as these don't open in a separate window)

www.home-income-team.com/info/affiliatecurve/freereport.html

http://viralurl.com/affiliatecurve/ferrari/

http://affiliatecurve.googlepages.com/powertraffic

The Home Income Team pages are great - They bring leads and build my email list. The Google Pages is my own design. It is meant to be different - it may not be a great splash page but it should illustrate the point - Quick, To The Point, FREE and something to Help Them! The Ferrari page is my GDI Lead Capture page and it is about the only "flashy" thing I use - But it draws attention...

That is a good starting point I think. I have more tips but you aren't going to learn everything in a day or 2. It's going to take you some time. Join a couple exchanges and get a feel for them. It took me 5 months to get to this point now. I know this article will save you at LEAST a month of wasted, Frustrating time on exchanges.

Just remember that opportunity seekers don't surf exchanges for FUN - They surf to promote their business and are looking for things to benefit them. Keep that in mind and you'll figure out your own style and what works for you.

Return to AffiliateCurve

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Paul,

You got sme great tips here. I am also new in Online Marketing and its coincidental that I have just started the same month and year you did (t'was in Feb 2008 also when I tried this and joined so much affiliate program).

I hope we could grow up here. Am interested to have exchange of ideas with you.

My email address will be widely open for emails and infos coming from you. If you think I can help one way or another, let me know.

Regards,

Tony
Email: ny69erz@yahoo.com
Web: www.saf-express.com
Blogs: http://smartvacationdeals.blogspot.com/
http://figures-of-life.blogspot.com/
http://employment-tipsters-teasers.blogspot.com/
http://marketing-tools-products-review.blogspot.com/
http://seasons-fad-review.blogspot.com/

Theo Baskind said...

Beginner Guide To Traffic Exchanges is an excellent post! It's real cool of you to break it down so thoroughly for people who aren't familiar with the process.

Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Well Done! Excellent breakdown of How-go steps. You might expand a little more on how to work with Firefox to surf multiple sites at a time.

Gloria

oldbrett said...

I'm still a bumbling noob so I bookmarked this.I found this through Link Referral, so I'm on the right track. There is so much to learn. Thank You!

Unknown said...

Wow...there is so much to learn and it does seem daunting!
This has been a great 'to the point' overview of Traffic Exchanges.

Lioness said...

Hi,
like everyone I too am new and I found it so interesting I printed for future reference.