Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Point of Building Residual Income Online

Been busting my HUMP lately with all sorts of new projects. Tons of stuff going through my mind and what I need to do. I wanted to post this blog entry because I feel like there is something most online marketers never get to -

I don't want to go on and on with this, but back in December I decided to REALLY work on my GDI business. The main reason was that I knew I needed something REAL - something I could count on and something that would, hopefully, get to the point where it was building itself.

Couple weeks ago the GDI Gold Rush site went down. Despite the fact that I was using PPC for 95% of my signups, it was incredibly effective. I was spending about $10/day advertising and if you look at it strictly from the Cost vs. Income perspective, it was not worth it at all.

I think this is the main problem most people have with GDI - They join under all the hype and premises that it's overnight wealth - It's not - It takes work and it takes effort. I worked my BUTT off getting 20 signups for GDI my first 4 months! I used everything imagineable - SpiderWeb, Hits2U, 3Cash Machine -

Since using Gold Rush of course, my GDI signups went nuts. I made the potential leaderboard almost weekly for 2 months straight. Before Gold Rush went down, I had 29 potential signups in 3 weeks!

Then Gold Rush was taken down by GDI for reasons I won't go into here - I was crushed - I felt like I deserved a freaking break after the Affiliate Junktion debacle and a full year of online marketing - My main income earner was gone - And I had no solution...At least nothing that I wanted to go back into - I was not going to invest all my time into traffic exchanges again, or posting free ads - That stuff just doesn't deliver sales -

I shut off all my GDI advertising and tried to figure out what I was going to do -

Then something happened during the past 10 days that made me realize what the ENTIRE point of building a GDI business is all about - My downline went and got 10 signups when all of my advertising was off -

See the entire point of building a long term income, with an MLM type structure, is that you start to reap the benefits of all your hard work - Those 10 signups that my downline got were all from THEIR efforts. That is 10 new people in my downline now that didn't cost me 1 dime or 1 moment of my own time -

Granted, I had to get my downline to over 90 members in the first place - I also built a training series JUST for gdi and gave them every thing I new about online marketing - Yes, that all took time...But for all that hard work, I was rewarded with 10 new members - 10 members that all are part of my team. And as they build their GDI business, it builds mine as well -

If I never put another penny into advertising GDI, my monthly income will continue to grow - Because I built it up and got enough people that want to build THEIR business the same as I built mine -

And that is what residual income is all about - It took me a lot of work, a lot of money and a lot of effort to get my GDI team to where it is today - But now all that work is paying off because my team is building GDI for themselves -

This is not to say I"m going to stop building my GDI team - On the contrary, I want to build my GDI team to the point it's earning me several thousand per month. My goal is to get 200 personal members in my GDI business, and show each of them everything I learned about how to build a GDI team themselves. Several of my team members contact me by email daily, asking me tips and ways to improve - Some of them are very hungry, and that's all it takes - A few members who want to really build an online business...

I wish I had me when I first started, but then I'd never have any good "hard lesson" stories to tell :)

But for 10 days, despite me not doing any advertising myself, my income grew simply because of all the hard work I had ALREADY put in -

Residual Income is not easy - it takes time, effort and often money. But once you have put in that time and effort, it starts to grow for you.

And there is no better feeling (in online marketing terms haha) than having a reliable monthly income that grows each and every month -

That's all for now

No comments: