Saturday, August 23, 2008

Totally Random Rambling

Since CyberWheelers closed last week, I've been looking for the best replacement that could really generate quality traffic for free. My last message was about using Traffic Hoopla as the replacement. As much as I do love Traffic Hoopla, I didn't feel it TOTALLY filled the need that CyberWheelers accomplished which was generating as much passive traffic as you can. I do believe you should be a member of Traffic Hoopla and read their newsletters, etc.

However, I found what I believe is an even better tool for generating a lot of traffic using only free methods. It's called Vital Viral and I joined it tonight.

First, this isn't a pitch - It's simply some further clarification on what I am looking for when I join online marketing programs. I am finding some success, but it comes from the SYSTEMS that I use. Whatever System you use, you need to make sure it's as effective as possible. If it's not, don't be afraid to dump it and move on. Anytime you do quit a certain program/system, keep track of what you DIDN'T like about it or what you felt it was missing. By doing that you will be able to better determine what you DO like and what you are looking for in any online program. For me, I can now tell w/in a few minutes if I have any interest in a program.

What I'm looking for are programs where I promote 1 link that builds a large downline for various other programs. The program should come with an easy to follow plan that everyone understands. It should supply splash pages and marketing tools that work on traffic exchanges. It should offer marketing resources in many different areas like exchanges, safelists, autoresponders, etc.

That would be the ideal of course. I understand that I have some legwork to do. I will have to start from scratch with most programs I join basically. But my HOPE is that by putting in the work now, I will reap the benefits later.

I don't even know how many programs I have joined to be honest. My guess would be around 20 different affiliate programs, 50-60 traffic exchanges, 10 safelists. What I use to do when I first started online marketing was promoting 30 different sites all over the place. I can't even guess how much I spent at EasyHits4U because that was the best exchange for unlimited URL's. I just figured anyone who saw MY product would see the value in it and join right away...This is why my first 3 months online were so frustrating. I didn't even stop to consider what I should be promoting - I just saw something that looked good, signed up and started sending traffic to it...Of course the problem was that when you try to promote 30 sites, you get really poor results on ALL of them. This didn't even take into consideration that I was mostly trying to sell directly on a traffic exchange - I promoted long affiliate pages which nobody wanted.

Okay, I'm getting very long-winded again and I apologize - HERE IS THE POINT :)

What we should be looking for is getting the absolute Most benefit from Our time. So how do we do that? The simplest way to do this is to build a downline. Granted, this is easier said than done. But it is something you absolutely must focus on and realize that is your main goal.

You also want to build your downline in a Simple yet Effective way. As in you promote 1 link that has the most potential to bring you lots of referrals/downline members for many programs...That is why I recommend the Hits2U, Home Income Team and Traffic Hoopla. All these programs give you a way to promote multiple programs by only promoting 1 link. They are also free and can build you referrals in various areas.

So what else do we want? Well, automated sure is nice. Hits2U & SpiderWeb both automatically follow up with your prospects on a constant basis. SpiderWeb is actually on the annoying end...I still get "have you started yet, Paul?" emails and I have 150 referrals :) So it's not perfect, BUT, most online marketers aren't go getters as much as I am, so for those 97%, SpiderWeb is going to bring back many of those prospects that were previously lost.

This is getting super long and was going to be an email about Vital Viral, which I really like the looks of. I joined tonight. Now I think this needs to be a blog post :)

So that's what this now is - A rambling blog post that was supposed to be a newsletter to my subscribers lol - Hey, at least it's honest...It's all over the place, but it's honest...I'll always have my dignity!

This whole week I have been trying to come up with an answer to the CyberWheelers problem. I feel bad even recommending CyberWheelers because what they really recommend is 3 hours/night surfing...If I know 1 thing, it's that online marketers are NOT long term thinkers in General. Those 97% are looking to get rich quick or move on. I do like the looks of Vital Viral - I like those "Earn $200/day with just your traffic exchange credits" pages they make - Those are great for traffic exchanges.

So I'm going to go through Vital Viral this week and see what I can get done. I do like the splash pages they make and I signed up for the $6/month Pro Membership - $6 is pretty cheap if I can make some of those pages and use it to build a list and earn referral credits at different exchanges...I really love the splash pages - If a surfer like me wants to sign up for them and take on ANOTHER project, I am guessing they are vey effective (relatively speaking lol)

alright, time to copy this into my blog now - That's all it's good for :)

I know what "The Answer" is now, by the way. It's actually quite simple. You get someone like me in your downline - That may come off bad, but it's the truth. If 5% of the people that joined my programs did anywhere near what I did, I would be making a fortune...That is really what the #'s story is about. You send thousands upon thousands of hits to your sites in hopes of getting a few dozen signups. After you do that for a few months, you end up with maybe a couple hundred signups. Of those signups, maybe a few of them will do anything with the program. Out of THOSE, you might end up with someone like me who is working hard to succeed and really wants it. I am guessing that my uplines LOVE ME - and who wouldn't? :) (okay, that part really WAS over the top, but it's real late now and I love to pat myself on the back :)

I can't make this stuff up

i have to stop now before I embarass myself any further....

No comments: