Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Power Traffic 3: How to build YOUR OWN List

Welcome back to Power Traffic. The first 2 emails are about laying the groundwork for you to build a solid base.

Whether you choose Affiliate Funnel or Viral Pond or you have your own program that you really like, I want you to see the main reasons I use them: Both are 1 program that builds VARIOUS areas for you. They are also specifically centered around traffic exchanges, which is what you want. Quick splash pages that offer surfers what THEY need.

If you just used those, you would begin building a decent foundation.

There is something I feel is crucial to your success and that is building your own list.

With your own list, you are able to contact people anytime you find great new stuff.

You know how many times I've updated just THIS training series? At least 6 times - I'm always finding new stuff that I think will help other online marketers the same way it helps me. I am always learning and always searching for new ways to earn money.

By spending the time to build a list, you will have it available to you anytime you find a great new exchange, or a new affiliate program you like.

The problem here for a lot of online marketers is the cost. Having your own list requires an autoresponder. And not the endless "free" ones where they make you join 3 different programs to use what equates out to nothing better than a safelist.

When I first looked into autoresponders, I tried everything cheap. I got for a 1 time payment of $19.95. Supposed to be "easy to use" and required no technical knowledge.

It came with a 16 page manual and all kinds of crap - I spent about 8 hours trying to put it together before I finally just gave up.

I have tried several others as well. Trying to save some money. I would recommend you do yourself a favor, and just get Aweber right from the start.

It actually IS easy to use. You get unlimited autoresponders and you can create follow up messages and do broadcast emails anytime. It also comes with a Spam filter to let you know how your email "ranks" before you send it. This is important because the simplest words and phrases can send off spam alerts like crazy - With Aweber, it tells you exactly what it is so you can re-phrase or delete stuff and make sure your emails get delivered.

Here is an Aweber link, if you don't have an account -

The reason you need this is to build your very own splash pages and use them in Traffic Exchanges.

Get an account with SynthaSite - They give you free web hosting and pages to use. You can upload pictures there, edit the layouts and put whatever you want to. Most of all, you can add YOUR autoresponder form and begin building a list.

What should your page say? I have dozens of thoughts for splash page titles, but all I can say is that this is up to you. While your surfing exchanges, what catches your attention? What draws you into checking out some offers over others?

What got you to sign up for THIS course?

Try to catch their attention and fast - You only have a few seconds.

Create your own follow up series - About what? About whatever you are using, trying, etc. Things that work for you and things that don't.

At this point, you might not be ready to do that. And that is fine. You need to learn how to do things yourself, before you can offer help to others.

But even something simple like "your favorite traffic exchanges" will work - Out of over 40 exchanges I've used, I only recommend a few. That's my experience and that's what I can use.

Eventually, this will be your biggest asset in your online marketing career. You can mess around and try different pages, edit writing your own follow up series. It's no rush -

But this is something you will really appreciate having, after you put the work in to making it happen.

There is much more still coming in this series, but I feel like this is an important aspect in your online marketing efforts. So when you have time, start working on it.

To YOUR Success

No comments: