Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Power Traffic 6: What to Promote?

Welcome to Part 6: What to Promote

So now that you have these exchanges set up, what do you promote? I am sure you have at least 1 affiliate program you are a member of. I know in my first 6 months I tried over 20 different programs. They all fell short for me and I ended up giving up on a lot of them.

Everytime I quit one, I learned something about it that I did or didn't like. In general I felt that most of them left me to do ALL the work and didn't give me much help when it came to that. I understand it takes some work, but without help I was bound to fail. I had no idea what I was doing or how to do it. They just signed me up and shipped me off.

In case you think I'm just bs'ing you, here is a short list of stuff I failed with.

SpiderWeb - I got 200+ signups in 6 weeks and made NO money. It's a brilliant system, but everyone signed on thinking everything is free. The fact was that you had to be a paid member of the programs to earn anything. I got a few signups for GDI and that was it. I couldn't afford to spend the several hundred per month to join all the programs.

Contact Them - 215 signups in about 2 months. I made $9.95 total from this business, then they disappeared on me. I guess they later came back, but after they disappeared I will have NOTHING to do with them anymore.

Affiliate Junktion - This was a HUGE one for me. I spent Thousands in Pay Per Click Ads. They ended up changing the terms several times and cut off 70% of my approved payments. I got less than 1/2 of what I spent in advertising. (For that full story, read my blog - and Yes, I'm still upset)

Those are some of the big ones. I don't want to go on and on - All we can do is learn from what happened before. Besides that, many companies I failed with early in my online career when I had NO IDEA what I was doing. I just wanted to let you know that I am not some cry-baby who is trying to sell you my latest program just because I signed up for it. I realize you don't make money by advertising a program for 2 days and give up. I spent a lot of time, effort and money getting lots of signups and still got no results.

In my experience, I get the most results from what I focus ALL my energy on. The reason I mention this is because it's VERY easy to get strung out, trying to find the latest and greatest program. Then you join ANOTHER program and try to start advertising it - Only to do it all over again.

What I recommend is you focus on a long term business and a short term income earner (or both if you have that program!)

The more effort you put into any 1 thing, the better your results for that will be - Period.

If you go join 20 programs, then try to promote them all, you will get poor results and get frustrated.

This is just my experience - You may be different and you might have done well this way. I don't recommend it though, at all.

Take 1 thing at a time, work hard at it, and THEN judge your results. The point of all this is that you want to spend your time, effort and money in the Right Place.

Beyond this, you need to figure out how to earn short term income AND residual income.

Without building a real business in the background, all your hard work can up and disappear at any time. I choose GDI because it's been online for over 10 years now. Entire marketing systems are built with GDI as the centerpiece.

I've had about 5 programs that I worked hard to build up and get referrals for which all disappeared on me. And after Affiliate Junktion, I decided to build up my GDI Business, even though it was work, in the long run that would pay off -

And that is what it is about for me, Long Term Income.

My long term business is GDI - But I never had much success promoting GDI Directly. This is a key point and the reason is simple: Almost everyone has heard of GDI and has "made up their mind" about it. What I do now is promote GDI using GDI Gold Rush and PPC traffic.

Here is my GDI Site that gets results: http://greatopportunities.tk

For traffic exchanges, I promote Viral Pond. This builds up some GDI signups as well as Freebie Force.

That is why I like Viral Pond especially for Traffic Exchange use, since I'm in GDI & Freebie Force. The system applies no pressure and I get a chance to build both by just promoting a great service in Viral Pond.

I also realize that while GDI is great for a long term business, you need immediate income. Without that Immediate Gratification, you will get frustrated and quit.

So what I have compiled is my personal list of both short term & long term business building tools. I put it on 1 website as a "short and sweet version"

It's got a few different programs listed for each Immediate & Residual Income.

Check it out and see if you like any of the programs. I believe the 20 ways to make $100/day is a great opportunity. I paid 1 time and have sold a lot of copies now. You get the 20 different ways to make $100/day, AND 100% resell - That is a great program with wide appeal.

http://realmoneyfromhome.info/
To YOUR Succes

No comments: