Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Power Traffic 4: How to Surf efficiently

Welcome back to Power Traffic. I want to use this email to help you shorten your learning curve with surfing, and how to best use your time.

I would recommend surfing about 4-5 hours per week, possibly more. By using Firefox and 5 exchanges, you can get about 100 hits per hour, per exchange. So 1 hour would equate out to around 500 hits, if your using my exchanges and getting the good surfing ratios.

Once you get comfortable, and find a few more exchanges, you can surf 8-10 at once, earning even more credits and driving more traffic.

Only you can decide when to move up to surfing 10 exchanges at once. When I first started surfing 5 at once I felt like I was going nuts :)

But within a few sessions I got the hang of things and slowly added more exchanges to surf.

Just make sure you don't miss bonus pages and credits. Missing a 3 credit bonus link is like having to surf 6 extra pages!

What I do is I get all my surfing done in 1 or 2 sessions per week. I'll go in and crank out 2-3 hours of surfing one night, then a few days later, go do a couple more. I try to surf 5-6 hours per week, but never all at once.

You need to figure out your own surfing schedule. Some people like to go in and just do a quick 30 minutes and be done.

1 reason I don't do that is because a lot of exchanges have PROGRESSIVE surf ratios. What that means is the longer your surf session is, the more credit your getting towards the end. This gives you a chance to earn more credit for the same amount of surf time.

You'll often see happy hour surfing times, or weekend specials where you surf 100 and get extra credits etc.

You always want to get the most credits you can when surfing. So do what works best for you, but keep that in mind.

How Many Websites Should I Promote?
This is something I feel is crucial to Traffic Exchange success, and I want to expand my thoughts here. If you have more than 2 or 3 sites that you are promoting on exchanges, STOP.

Traffic Exchanges often offer "unlimited URLs" as incentive to go pro. I feel that promoting more than 2 or 3 sites is a huge mistake and here is why:

You Dilute your effort!

How do you know if your advertising is getting results if you send 30 hits/day to 10 different sites? It is much more effective to send all those hits to 1 or 2 sites that build your list and get referrals in multiple areas.

I saw on Traffic Splash there was a testimonial about how the guy was getting 1 lead for every 120 page views.

That was a testimonial from someone who really knows how to use exchanges!

Think about that for a moment, cause it really tells you a lot. Most of all it gives you some idea about what kind of results you might be expecting. If his campaigns get 1 in 120, you might get 1 in 150. So for every 150 credits, you get 1 lead.

So you want that lead to give you a chance to really DO something for you.

My entire goal with traffic exchanges is to get a lead - That's it. By getting that lead, they can then go check out the program or my email list on THEIR time.

So whatever your promoting, make sure it is focused on getting a lead and send ALL your traffic to that!

I used to have 30 different websites and try allocating credits to all of them. They were all just affiliate sites that didn't work. I didn't get signups, I didn't get an email list. I just wasted Thousands and Thousands of credits.

Don't do that - Even if your not using the programs I recommend, make sure you are using a splash page and make sure that it builds your list and gives you a chance for the surfer to check things out later, on their time.

Allocating Credits:
Most exchanges are going to have forced allocation of credits, so that whenever your surfing, a certain % of your credits are automatically allocated. I set mine as low as possible.
I like to go in manually and allocate my credits. I don't want all my credits allocated JUST at night, or JUST in the afternoon.

I also like to have some credits to use later. What I do is go in and allocate 100 credits and do it on a daily basis. This spreads out my credits and I get to show my sites everyday.

There is no hard and fast rule here, I just want you to realize that traffic credits go FAST. You don't want to surf for 3 hours and be out of credits after 1 night surfing. Your page could have been shown to the same surfer 5 times -

Goal Setting:
What I recommend is you set yourself a goal. Something like "I want to send 10k hits/month to my sites". By setting a goal, it gives you motivation and a way to keep track of your results.

If your goal is 10k hits/month, then at 500 hits/hour, you would need to surf 20 hours a month.

This sounds like a fair amount of surfing, and it is. But if you want to start getting referrals, signups and building a list, you need to get those hits.

Use the right splash pages, surf when you can, and set goals for what you want to achieve.

Doing it right now will be very beneficial for you later on.

No comments: