Saturday, March 1, 2008

quick update and thought

Wanted to let everyone know that Google Analytics are really great! It shows me how many hits, where they are from and how long the visitor stays on the site. If you don't want to spend money analyzing your stats, this is a really nice tool. I already added it to GoodLife4All.biz and BadLuckHandicapper - so I highly recommend

What it is showing me is that the average visitor visits for 42seconds - Now is this what we are looking for? Hell no! that isn't even time to read the header let alone an article or see what we're doing. This leads me into my thought and the problem with Exchanges - The avg. surfer on exchanges is looking for Pop & Glamour and the Big Red Button (I love to quote myself) - so what do we do? Add pop? Obviously we need to catch peoples attention fast. However, at the stage I am in, I am not interested in pop and flash. I am interested in organizing my thoughts and coming up with good tools that will really help people - I may come to realize in another month I better just "fall in line" and get a bunch of glitz on here LOL, but in the meantime I think we have to build up a solid reputation. What I found in my stats is I have a lot of 20 second pops and a few 5-6minute viewers. Those are the ones I want. I want people who are actually looking for something they can USE! Not to say I don't want everyone on my site - I do - but I'm not going to be discouraged by pop-ins - I understand how it works - Their is so much glitz on traffic exchanges it's easy to get into Zombie mode and just look for your instant riches...I'm not doing that right now and I hope it doesn't bother you too much - Some of my LinkReferral reviews are all about "how do you make your money!!!!" & "what are you selling!!!" - What I'm trying to do is build up a group of people that come back everyday and follow my progress. People who are in the same exact spot I'm in - trying to sort out all this information - I am not looking to sign you up for every affiliate program I'm in. Of course that would be awesome, but I don't think real marketing works that way. I want to build a network of people that will come here for GOOD, solid advice and resources. I would much rather have 10 people who FW my site to a good friend than 1,000 hits of people looking for that Big Red Button. Or maybe i'm just too damn idealistic :)

No comments: