Saturday, March 1, 2008

the BIG RED BUTTON

Last night I was reading 13 deadly sins of traffic exchanges. The ebook fit me to a tee! Sign up for a few traffic exchanges, post a couple links, join a couple of affiliate programs and BAM! the money just pours on in! Well all of a sudden 2 weeks later your in the same spot, not getting anything done and you start grumbling about how traffic exchanges don't work. The point of this isn't about traffic exchanges though - it's about our expectations. That book had a nice list of things for me to start working on - list building, splash pages, etc - but the part that hit home was this idea of the Big Red Button. The Big Red Button is basically what we're all looking for when we first find online money making programs. Somehow we are just going to find that magic key, set up a link or 2 and 3 weeks later we're suddenly living the high life.

Things don't work that way. You (& I for that matter) need to realize that this isn't going to happen overnight. It takes time, dedication and work. We can't just quit because we can't retire after 3 weeks of showing our new affiliate program on 2 exchanges. So just remember this is going to take time, and don't get flustered. Simple and short, but I know when I found LinkReferral that was my sudden dream for BadLuckHandicapper. Luckily I'm smarter than that and I bumped into a few articles about patience and seeing the big picture.

Accomplishments tonight - Got some surfing done for credits and edited the GoodLife4All.biz site - Changed some color schemes, font sizes and added my Ezine Expert Author logo (i can't help it, I'm proud!). So hopefully that will attract a fair amount of interest and I can start generating some commissions.

Another thing about traffic exchanges. Some of these people kill me - I've had a fairly high number of low ratings, but the funny thing is that 95% of the people rating me low have sites that take ZERO effort. They don't offer anything but a cut & paste affiliate program that takes 2 min's to put together. I'm fairly bugged by it because when I get a low score from someone with 1 or 2 reviews, I know they are just doing it to get the daily credit. They most likely clicked my site link, and clicked right back out w/out reading a thing. 1 person actually said I should offer some free stuff. I laughed because every program listed on here has a free option - things like this are frustrating but you have to blow it off. The important thing for me is that the reviewers who are actually at LinkReferral for the long haul, are giving me very fair reviews. They are the only ones who matter - I get a chance to see their good products and hopefully they find something semi-useful to them here. Another great thing is the networking possibilities at LR - anyway, this is getting very long now. I'm going to work on my new site this weekend so maybe we can get more organized and cleaned up around here! Happy Marketing!

1 comment:

Oliver dela Torre said...

Nice website, great layout with good content blog, loads fast and easy to navigate. thanks for sharing.