Saturday, March 8, 2008

why I don't use Google AdSense

I've had a few comments about why I don't use AdSense on my blog. I've read about some programs that advise you to set up literally HUNDREDS of sites, just to have AdSense on there and generate pennies a day. I don't have them on my blog and I'm pretty sure I won't have them on my site....here's why - I'm in affiliate marketing right now. I'm promoting products and giving reviews about my programs. My reviews are honest and I'm trying to provide a real framework and starting point for new people to succeed in - but what does AdSense really do? It takes people AWAY from my site! Why would I want to make a few pennies in AdSense, when I can make exchange referrals and affiliate commissions right here? See how that doesn't make any sense? Your providing a site and generating traffic for yourself - If that traffic, which we all know is our lifeblood, goes to another site, we just spent all our time (and often money) so that someone else (the AdSense buyer) can make the sale. Now I know that a lot of people will swear by AdSense - I'm not here to tell people what to put on their site - Shoot, I'm no expert. I'm just saying that for me, I want my visitors here...I'm the one doing all the work to generate traffic -

just a thought from a newbie - Google AdSense is widely used, especially by bloggers - I just don't think it makes much sense from an affiliate marketing standpoint...so that's why I don't do it....

No comments: