Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hitting our Goals

Lets talk a little about how to best use our time. I don't have endless amounts of time to explore every product out there - Not only will that overwhelm me, it doesn't let me Focus on important things. For me, I have about an hour and 1/2 per day right now to get started in Affiliate Marketing. This isn't much time, especially considering how much I'm trying to get done. So I spend my time away from the computer Thinking about the most valuable thing I can do next for growing this online business. 3 days ago my goal for this entire week was to JUST get my NetSuccess programs set up. I conquered that in 1 night. How? I just thought about what I needed to do before I got to the computer. By the time I got to work, I had already mapped out exactly what I was going to do. I finished my weekly goal in about 2 hours. Next I realized that I needed to get my advertising campaign going. So I spent yesterday thinking about the inexpensive advertising options recommended. Now that I have that underway, I have it in my mind to get my AffiliateJunktion site up & running because they sent me the needed updates yesterday. I also have my next projects in the back of my mind - creating my web page to move this site to, setting up GoodLife4all to advertise on YahooUK, finding another traffic exchange site, buying an ebook I saw last night that looks really great. All these things are in the back of my mind right now. But the most important thing is what I'm doing TODAY, and what will help me the most right now.

What can we learn here? Simple - Set yourself a daily goal for what you want to accomplish. Think about what you need to do and map it out in your head. Then when you get time to work, you aren't browsing all over the internet trying to figure out what to do for your business that night. You have a plan and you are ready. Now don't overwhelm yourself - I don't go into a online work session saying "lets get 3 new sites all set up tonight!" cause again, overwhelming myself just leads to frustration.

Is this some revelation? For me it is - It's part of what you may have heard before - Work Smarter, not Harder. Like I had mentioned before, I am not a highly organized person. However, I am accomplishing much more than I thought I could in such a short time frame and this is the main reason.

Hope you find this useful in your own endeavors, whatever they may be.

No comments: