Saturday, February 23, 2008

my first AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE post

As far as online money making programs go, the first one I absolutely HATE is survey's. I signed up for these about 2 years ago when I was on disability. I had 3 months at home and wanted to see if I could make any money in my spare time. Unfortunately I found paid survey's. I paid the $35 to join the course, downloaded the "auto fill" form filler and proceeded to spend hours upon hours signing up for survey sites one after the other. I opened a Paypal business account and a separate email account. It wasn't long before I started receiving these (they deliver a LOT of emails). I filled them out diligently - Over and over I kept reading the rewards and every single one of them gave you a "contest entry" ticket or you built up points for that particular account. I'm not kidding when I say I spent perhaps 100 hours doing these. I'm also not kidding when I say I didn't make even 1 red cent - not 1 penny! After about 2 months of filling out 20-30 survey's daily, I finally had enough. Everytime I checked one out it was the same thing - Get 1 ticket into the contest drawing for filling out our 15 min survey.

I don't know if others have had success with participating in survey's, or maybe even success in their Affiliate Programs, but I will stick by this with ABSOLUTE RESOLVE - Avoid them at all costs! They are the biggest waste of time as far as online money making ventures go.

This goes with another feeling I have about what you decide to promote. If you don't believe in something, how can you promote it? If you don't like the product, how are you going to convince someone else to buy it? This is the simplest philosophy in my mind, but yet I see site after site of the same garbage being promoted on the traffic exchange sites. I feel like if you aren't doing something yourself, you have ZERO business promoting it. The bottom line is that there are so many programs out there, you can Definitely find one or 2 that you really like and believe in. Isn't it easier to tell your friends and acquaintances about something that YOU believe in? Of course it is - your promoting will be a TON better if you are writing quality ads because you believe in the power of your particular product - in turn this will drive more people to your site. I'm just spewing opinions at this point...I can't point to facts or say something for sure - All I know is that in my experience, I really do a good job promoting things I like alot myself. Like GoDaddy's TrafficBlazer is the easiest thing for me to promote because I used it and LOVED it. It's easy for me to tell all my friends about BadLuckHandicapper cause it's a passion for me. These are things to consider when your signing up for Affiliate Programs -

see, i'm longwinded to the point of philosophical - LOL

No comments: